INYO350 is proud to present Susan Sorrells, the fourth-generation owner of the village of Shoshone. Susan and others have worked tirelessly over the past 50 years to maintain the economic viability of her town and neighboring Tecopa by promoting eco tourism. They have been wildly successful, and the Friends of the Amargosa Basin (FAB) is now promoting the creation of an Amargosa Basin National Monument (ABNM) to help retain the unique character of the area. The creation of ABNM would enable holistic management of the checkerboard of protected areas already existing in the basin. Here is a map that shows the proposed boundaries.
- Wednesday October 18 @ Jill Kinmont Boothe School
- Pizza, drinks and conversation at 6 PM
- Hybrid (in-person and Zoom) meeting
- Presentation to begin at 6:30 PM.
- Recording will be available online after the event at this page
- Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81573548665?pwd=S1FqcTFKZjVteHZhQ2JMZG9jZVg5QT09
Meeting ID: 815 7354 8665
Dial in number: (669) 900-9128