We’ve adapted High Sierra Energy Foundation’s Earth Week schedule to focus on virtual and Inyo County events. See the full schedule including Mono County events HERE.
Athlete Ambassador Panel (Virtual)
April 20, Tuesday from 5-6 pm
- Jillian Raymond – Coalition Snow Ski Ambassador, Truckee CA & Reno NV
- David Courte – glacial melts, ski mountaineering, climate change, Santa Barbara, CA and Chamonix France
- Annette Poliwka – Salomon Hiking Ambassador, plastics and trash/trail conservation, Truckee CA
Earth Week Partner Kickoff, and Speaker Panel
Speaker Topics: Single Use Plastics and Trail Conservation
April 21, Wednesday
Location: TBD, in-person and virtual.
- Annette Poliwka
National Cleanup Day BOD, Salomon Ambassador for women hiking, Tahoe based, Berkeley commission/legislation on single use plastics
- Gary Annanian
Kern River Conservancy (KRC) will present their film and QA “Finding Balance” on Kernville wild and scenic river designation and waste impacts and opportunities for responsible tourism
- Rue (Executive Director) & Dani Flocco (Board of Directors) of American Perimeter Trail
- Leading a low impact life
- Inspiring others to do the same via the protect what you love ideology
- Increase designated space to build a relationship with the outdoors and teach LNT
- Major connectivity throughout the US to make the outdoors accessible to all, connecting communities to their natural resources which in turn will deepen the reach of the leave-no-trace messaging
Earth Day Broadcast
Happy Hour, Virtual
April 23, Friday, 4-5 pm
A Clean Energy Future & Drive Electric Earth Day Panel
Earth Day Trash Cleanup
April 24, Saturday, 9 am – 12 pm. From INYO350, Sunrise Rotary, Sierra Trash Eliminators, and Bishop Waste. Mask up and meet up for donuts behind Bishop City Hall at the corner of Church and Fowler Streets. Go clean recommended outdoor sites, then return for discounted lunch from the Rolling Chef Food Truck.
Live Online ReUse Arts Fashion Show and All Ages Variety Show
April 24, Saturday, 6-8:15 pm
Suggested donation is $10. The deadline to sign up as a performer or artist is April 17th. More details can be found at goodent.org/inyobeyond.
FRIDAY 4/23/21 – SUNDAY 4/25/21
Eastern Sierra Mountain Film Festival
April 23-25, Fri-Sun from 7-9 pm
Multi-day virtual event. Films available for 3 days.
Free registration at mammothlakesrep.org.
The full schedule includes the above events, along with many others taking place in Mono County.